View Single Post
Old 11-25-2006, 01:10 PM

Default Recording Audio and Audio Playback

hi, i just got the mbox2, and i am setting it up. i followed all of the instructions properly and have successfully installed pro tools le 6.8.1. however i have two problems.

1) i have an XLR microphone that i plugged into the mbox2. i tried recording something on pro tools (i armed the track, and then pressed record and play), but yet, i am not picking up any signal. i am new to pro tools, so i was wondering if there was something that i had to do to pro tools, so it can pick up signal.

2) my second problem is that i cannot hear the audio playback. as i said, i'm new to pro tools and the mbox2, but should it automatically play through your computer speakers, or do i have to set something up. i tried running RCA audio cables from the mbox2 to my amplifier (i have a logitech x530 5.1 surround sound system) and i am not hearing anything. the only time i CAN hear playback is if i plug my headphones directly into the mbox2.

well, just wondering if you could help me out. hope you all have a good day! oh by the way, my computer is a dell dimension 9100, 3.2 ghz, 1ghz of RAM, and my sound card is sigmatel. hope you can help out.

thanks again.
- scott.