View Single Post
Old 03-20-2016, 04:53 AM

Default Re: Create PlugIn Chains for Tracks???

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortensign View Post
Sorry... I didn't have signature set up...

Those "plug in hacks" are the videos I was talking about... PT v10 and before has "new track presets" put in Avid folder in Applications. After 10, they put in PT folder under documents. I can SEE all my presets... I just can't open them. Also, each tutorial has a slight tweak from the others, I've tried several different scenarios... no luck. I've closed session and PT and then reopened... no luck.

How would I know if I have "repaired Permissions" - I haven't seen steps for that... also, how would I find out if I have a "fusion" drive? I was actually helped (unofficially) by a PT tech picking out this mac from BHVideo when, after we realized my old macs just couldn't handle PT, it was time to invest in a newer one. Whatever that is worth.

MA
Actually a lot of people are putting their system info on their profile page as big sig files are becoming a thing of the past. But that's a minor thing.

Repairing permissions is a basic Mac thing that's in OSX Disk Utility. Learning how to do that is a real good thing. Doing so can often cure a variety of ills.

As to tell if you have a Fusion system drive you should be able to find that out via the Apple menu. Go there and select 'about this Mac' and when the next box comes up on screen click the 'further info' button and the System Profiler should open up with all your system info. Somewheres in their you should find out what type of system drive you have. You just have to go through the tabs.

As to the folder business you have to create a separate subfolder to contain your user presets in the folder that contains the pre-made by Avid presets. That way when you use the new track dialog box you should be able to call them up.

QAPLA!