View Single Post
Old 08-19-2014, 07:59 PM

Default Re: 11.2.1: Instrument Track delay compensation problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainsong View Post
When using Maschine, Kontakt or Massive (or probably others, I'm guessing) on an Instrument track, Delay Compensation does not happen properly. If I use it on an Audio or Aux track it seems okay.

This is confirmed by looking at the Mixer with Delay Compensation view on. The same plug in will have "0" in the delay column if it's on an Instrument track while it will have "1693" (or whatever the appropriate delay is) if it's on an Audio or Aux track. It becomes worse (further out of sync) when an audio track is in record.

If I copy the same plug from an Instrument track to an Audio or Aux track and solo both, they will flam.

Oddly, it doesn't happen with the Click II plugin...Delay Compensation seems to be fine with that plugin regardless of it being on an Instrument/Aux/audio track.

I'm on 11.2.1, OSX 10.9.3. Happens regardless of Playback Buffer settings.

Have also experienced latency weirdness on record that is solved by reloading the session.
FWIW...it's only the display reporting that's off...at least that's what i'm seein' in my testing. everything plays in sync when i test K5 or any other VI (so far). but if you look at the track where the VI is inserted and you start inserting plugins on other trax then you will see that the ADC reporting is properly reported on all trax except where a VI is inserted. even the multi-outs of that VI have proper reporting. and to take it one step further it 'appears' to be on only trax/sessions created in 11.2.1. if i open a session created from an earlier version the reporting seems accurate. but i'm not seein'/hearin' any outta sync issues with this version to date...

The Basschakra Lucid Soul Trip

i7 Builds - Specs and Results

HDNative | Omni | i7-3930K OC'd 4.0GHZ |
ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB GSkill DDR3 2133 ram | mo' stuff