View Single Post
Old 01-29-2020, 04:47 PM

Default Re: HDX end-of-cycle?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firechild View Post
So what do you say guys?
A response to UA LUNA should be HDX mk2 right?
The HDX card is almost 10 years old now and the DSP power wasn´t even impressed back then. I am still on TDM so I have been waiting the last three years for a new version of HDX
say whaaaaaat?

LUNA is a very simple DAW as it stands so how would a HDX PCIe mk2 card be a response to that? I mean explain please! There are already new cards (interfaces) like the MTRX and MTRX Studio so why would you compare a DAW to a DSP system?

My thinking is there wont be any HDX mk2 now as Avid is betting on the MTRX systems to do the work and HDX cards to just keep working. They are old I agree with that and thats one huge reason we or any od the studios we work with would invest into that system for music production purposes. I can understand Post and Mix facilities needing near zero latency and large voice counts but we use 3 of the new Apollo X8P and Apollo X16 here for 32/32 and we have close to 0 patency too on those interfaces so our HDX2 system gets no use at all right now and if nothing new comes along to make them cards feel exciting I doubt we will keep them for very long.

If we were needing to use Avid hardware today I would spring for the new MTRX Studio and use that with our new Mac Pro computers with 28cores and 384GB Ram.

Bit as we have it today we would not want for anything that our Apollo units couldn’t give us natively with PT Ultimate.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————