View Single Post
Old 09-25-2018, 09:28 AM

Default Re: One DigiLink License, but own Two HD Native & Four HD I/O

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
Indeed. the 2 Ultimate purchases should have included 2 Digilink licenses. But, this could be down to just HOW things were purchased. For instance, if you bought both HDN cards brand new, they should include 2 digilink assets. But if you bought 1 or both on the used market, then you are likely on your own and will need to pony up $299 for a second asset(but its a one-time charge and another business write-off)
The Digilink i/o comes with the/an Avid interface. Not the HDX or HDn card or the Ultimate software. If you have 4 HD I/O bought new, you can request a Digilink license (for each of them). It should have been made available with a plastic license-card found in the packaging of the interfaces. If you bought them used, you should check with the seller.

If you have a grandfathered in system (before the Digilink i/o was necessary you had a working system) you can request a free license through Avid support. It's all dependent on the date you purchased things (which was around when Pro Tools 12.5 came out)

Actually, date is on the page: 9/28/16 was the cut-off
https://www.avid.com/licenses/pro-to...ink-io-license

Last edited by BScout; 09-25-2018 at 09:31 AM. Reason: date added