View Single Post
Old 01-28-2020, 06:41 PM

Default Re: Poor solution to the CPU Spikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilla View Post
Why another thread ?

Well to share my solutions and help people... I think that's worth it. I could have just keep it for myself and calling it a day too....

Avid trying to help a customers is not wasting their time. If they think that then it is even worse than I thought..... Because I already created a case at the support describing all you are asking for. But I'll do it again then :

My mac is a Macbook Pro mid-2015, 16Go RAM, i7, SSD internal.
OSX 10.12.1, Retina. No external display.
OK, but I suspect lots of folks already knew that.

But more importantly to actually try to fix you problem... I would try Mojave or Catalina in a test install. Serious performance issues, like you described were fixed for other users in Mojave.

I will be surprised if you hear anything from Avid. There are lots of these complaints in the past.. and folks have largely solved issues themselves.

Several graphics performance issues have come about because of a combination of Apple making rapid graphics changes and Avid not being able to keep up. Your other software is not likely running decade+? old graphics code though old libraries, and layers of runtime compatibility crap. Both sides have failed here, Apple is not motivated by looking after laggard legacy software vendors, they are in run fast mode... with iOS and Metal driving the graphics future. And on the other hand Avid does not seem to have resources to do much of anything to keep up (but can magically find resourced to waste time of Pro Tools First and Cloud Collaboration crap).