View Single Post
Old 05-23-2019, 04:55 PM

Default Re: 2019.5 Ultimate on a Mac Pro 5,1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrguitarguy View Post
Aside from the izotope insight plugin, have you noticed any performance increases since you got the Radeon card? I also have a 5,1 Mac that is completely maxed out, but the graphics still cause cpu spikes. I have found hiding windows (or even just hiding the meters by deal=electing them in the view options for the mix window) helps. I’m considering upgrading my graphics card as well. I am on dual monitors (one is a Raven Mti the other a lcd tv used as a monitor) and I would like to remedy these issues. I have a 5870 graphics card now.

I have found turning off hyper threading helped in the past with previous version on Sierra, but now that 2019.5 is out I am testing it on High Sierra due to the reports of potential improvements. So far so good, but I have only had the new system up and running today.

Well it was a very simple plug and play and everything came up FAST when I booted, (no boot screen of course, but with an SSD on a PCIE, barely blink and the screen is on). On a few occasions nothing came up and had to hold the power button to restart and another occasion when my screen went to sleep (set to 45 or something) it would NOT come up clicking on the keyboard or mouse so had to restart.

As far as any noticeable difference with it, not anything that stands out. However I did open a ticket with Avid and they remotely took control of my mac (that tasted a few hours), trouble shooting tons of options, downloaded the app to run only 12 cores from my 24, optimized (which I was already %95 there from my experience, the only thing recommended that I did Not do was to turn off the firewall). Took screen shots, logs, even the .ptx of the session. It seems there is some technical issue with "Insight 2". So they are further looking into it

Really need Insight 2 for it's specs (especially Netflix settings) and that it's slimmer and wider so I can have it on the bottom of the screen. Running Insight 1 along with WLM the numbers are off by almost 2db. Plus I need to see all 6 channel levels.
-HD Omni
-BM Intensity Pro

-Waves Mercury+SSL4000 Collection+Abbey Roads
-iZotope RX10 Advanced
-iZotope Post Production Suite 6
-iZotope Music Production Suite 5
-HALO UP/DOWN MIX
-ANYMIX
-Delonghi Perfecta ESAM 5600.S