View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 07:12 PM

Default Re: Madi box and omni together 64 i/o

I understand how to use native and DSP plug ins and what order they should go in. It just seems ridiculous that a session that will play back with no problems on a native rig cant even be played back on an HDX 1. I understand there will be less of this as more and more plugs make the switch to AAX DSP, but it's kind of a joke right now. As to the digilink protocol being the culprit, it doesn't really matter to me why, it is just a huge oversight. I'm sure with some creative thinking it could be done. My gut says that avid doesn't want to make this work because they want to sell you an HDX 2. It's the same thing as limiting the omni's digital inputs to 8, it's all a matter of money. I really wish i wasn't so invested in this company. I like tools that make my life easier, and i dont mind spending good money to have them. However spending that much money on an HDX 2 seems like a huge overkill as i'm really just talking about a music playback rig on a dub stage. I would however like the option of having a 5.1 speaker setup or even just stereo and the monitoring section of the omni, not just headphones. After moving our editing systems from HD3's to native (which has worked out really well), i cant even go back to the HD3 for dubbing because it doesn't have enough voices. I know i'm going off on a bit of a rant, but this is exactly why most of avid's customer base that i speak to are pretty annoyed.