View Single Post
Old 03-08-2018, 02:48 PM

Default Re: Strange noises coming from Adam Audio A7X studio monitors

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwherry View Post
Thanks for the reply, musicman691. I didn't explicitly state this in the comments for the YouTube video (because I've tried everything), but the A7X units that have made this noise have done so:
  • with or without a cable connected to one of the inputs
  • with the front panel level control all the way down, all the way up and everywhere in between
  • with the level on my monitor controller all the way down, all the way up and everywhere in between
  • connected to the sub's satellite out and not
  • in my studio (with separate circuit for gear and lighting)
  • in my house

So bottom line, it's not any kind of interference from an input signal. Completely independent from input or output level. It's a noise the speakers are making themselves.

Brian
All I can say is ouch.

This reminds me of something that happened to me with a new TV 3 decades back. I worked for RCA at the time and wanted to make use of an employee discount and picked what was a top of the line at that time Proscan TV. Get it home and notice the picture is tilted (this is so far back the TV had a crt screen). Called the people I got the TV from and got another one which had the same problem. Got a third set and it too had the same problem. Turns out the adjustment coil on the back of the crt was set wrong - issue was it was not adjustable as they used to be and was glued in place. Getting in touch with the factory it came out the fixture they were using was screwed up and a whole production run (and then some that used that same fixture) had the issue.

What I'm getting at is maybe Adam got a hold of some bad parts or something in their assembly line got messed up. Would be interesting to see if the units you got were from the same run or not.

QAPLA!