View Single Post
Old 02-02-2015, 10:37 AM

Default Re: HD Accel Cards & Interface not seen Mac Pro 2009 4,1

Hey Walt,

I have the same MacPro 4,1. I'm running an HD2 Accel Pro Tools HD v10.3.8 system with OSX 10.7.5. Maybe you should try your system with 10.7.5 - I wonder if there's an issue on 10.8?

Like you I upgraded from a 1,1 MacPro about 2 years ago. I got a used 4,1 as well. I've been running fine with a single 96IO interface, but now I bought a second 96IO to give me additional ins/out, and this second IO interface has major problems being recognized by my system. I started with the short Digilink cable going from IO#1 to #2. After a bunch of cable reseating the 2nd IO was eventually recognized, but the next day it was not recognized again. So I bought a long Digilink cable to connect to to my 2nd Accel card. Still having the same problem - it seems to be recognized just some of the time. A DigiTest passes. But there is some weirdness there - Digitest won't see the 2nd interface when it looks to do a firmware upgrade. I have switched the interfaces so I know it's not a problem interface. Whichever interface is '2nd' in the order is unrecognizable. I'm pretty frustrated with this...any ideas?