View Single Post
Old 06-01-2019, 08:54 PM

Default Re: How to get authorization code Pro Tools LE 8

Well you can run 8.0.5 on Snow Leopard, if you can get it activated, but that's now an Avid support issue. Jeffro will have to work the Avid support angle here with you. He may want you to open a support case, wait to hear from him. I have no idea what proof of eligibility Avid will require.

But I expect the questions they will ask will include have you done everything in the link provided earlier to find the registration you had, and did the previous owner do a transfer of ownership paperwork with you? And again, (especially if stuff was transfered years ago), make sure you don't have multiple Avid accounts under different email addresses.

--

Now if your iMac (do you still have it? or a backup of the boot disk?) is running a version of OS X compatible with your new to you MacBook Pro hardware then you could clone the iMac to the MacBook Pro. For lots of reasons doing a clean install as you already started may be a better way to go but you have to sort the registration issue out with Avid... EDIT: Looks like they are both running 10.6.8 from your signature... I don't know what an iMac Pro is that could run 10.6.8. You signature descitpitons are not that helpful, maybe start with just what model name/number the Macs are. If both computers have Firewire, then it's as simple *in principle* as connect both computers via Firewire with the MacBook Pro in target disk mode and use Carbon Copy Cloner to clone your iMac boot disk to the MacBook Pro boot disk. Lots of instructions on the web for how to do that. Not rocket science but be careful and make sure you have made backups before you start.