View Single Post
Old 07-05-2013, 11:47 AM

Default Re: PT11 cpu usage metering

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
I love that PT11 demo shows each core in a computer and it's respective usage. It's also being touted that PT11 is more efficient at processing than PT10. Presumably an individual can tell that by playing the same session in 10 and 11 on the same computer.

Here's where I see a possible problem: in PT10 vanilla there's only one cpu meter (I know there's cpu clip but that's not what I'm talking about here) and I'm assuming that is the composite of all the cpu cores in said computer. If this is true, then except for the changes in cpu usage in PT11 due to dynamic processing (which should be turned off when doing the comparison), wouldn't the numbers be the same if you added up all 8 lines (quad core hyperthreaded cpu) as it would be in the single cpu usage line in PT10?

If this is true than how can one make a legitimate comparison between processing usage between the two versions of PT?
i'm havin' a hard time following you but these are 2 totally different engines...DAE and AAE. the best way to compare is throw up a session that can be processed 'fully' by 10 and 11...especially if it's a seesion that stresses your system in PT10. in fact what about the PT11 demo session...have you brought that up in PT10? if so, how does usage compare? and if i'm missin' your point then my apologies.

The Basschakra Lucid Soul Trip

i7 Builds - Specs and Results

HDNative | Omni | i7-3930K OC'd 4.0GHZ |
ASUS X79 Sabertooth | 32GB GSkill DDR3 2133 ram | mo' stuff