View Single Post
Old 02-23-2010, 11:38 AM

Default Re: quite cheap 5.1 monitor system?

Quote:
Originally Posted by infiniteloop View Post
Doing something wrong there, bud. On an 8 core Mac Pro with 003, CPTK I can run 48 tracks, 10 stereo busses, 6+ 5.1 busses with 3 x 5.0 reverbs and four 5.1 limiters and not even be touching 20% on a system using 12 cores of the available 16. Unless you're running some major huge sessions in there, you are having problems elsewhere. Your recommending PT HD is very wide of the mark - an 8-core MacPro can run more plugs than an HD8 system.
Wow, if thats the case you are correct something is seriously wrong! PT LE can do all of that! ? WOW. Infiniteloop, in lieu of not hijacking this thread can I PM you regarding this. I'd love to get our macpro running that sweet. I am also playing 1080p video through blackmagic in full res at the same time and running way more than 48 tracks and 16 busses. thats not much imo. Running 7 surround plugs, thats something this system does not like and that impresses me.

WOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by infiniteloop View Post
an 8-core MacPro can run more plugs than an HD8 system.
Is this really true? What about with a full track count? Have been considering going HD 1 due to this problem. How much ram are you running? What core speed? How many hard drives? These are also all factors.

EDIT: Right now I have a test session, 14 tracks total. (2 inacive atm) 2 x 5.0 aux + 2 x 5.1 aux, the rest are mono and stereo audio tracks. CPU (RTAS) usage is at 5%, with only surroundscope on dialogue stem. no other plugs. I add TL space 5.0 to DX chain, puts the CPU at 11%. Add 2 surround compressors to auxes, another 5.0 TL space to foley track, air EQs on foley and massey limiter to stereo mixdown aux with surroundcode and im floating above 36% on 12 cores. This session doesnt even have audio in it.