View Single Post
Old 09-14-2018, 02:29 PM

Default Re: Installing Multiple DAW's on one machine

thank you everyone who has replied.... feel much more confident in a duel install, taking into account possible conflicts plugins and such. I think Cubase Pro 9.5 is full 64bit now so hoping there isn't any any 34bit to 63bit conflicts there.... not sure about Studio One's latest. Also yup "back up, back up, back up...... saves a lot of grief... I don't have a mirror image but I do have a complete back up of my internal ssd drive. So if I have to do a restore I can a complete reset killing everything on the drive and restore from the backup.

basically I am in the middle of deciding whether Ill go with a TF5 or a series 3 SL32. there isn't a lot separating these 2 but I am leaning towards the TF5 as it seems to have slightly better ul=tilities than the SL32 but then the SL32 has 4 FX engines where the TF5 has 2..... but in both cases you can add out board gear via AUX sends. Perhaps the SL32 slightly better live desk by a small margin but then TF5 slightly better studio desk. With both claiming feature to be added in the future.

anyways, thank you all for you feedback.
2.2GHz 6 core 8 gen Intel Core i7 processor (TB’s to 4.1GHz)
32 Gb of 2400MHz DDR4, 1T SSD, Magic Mouse and Keyboard
Pro Tools 2022.7 -23.# - HEAT applied, RME Fireface UCX II
........and a bowl of M&M's
———————————————————————————