View Single Post
Old 10-09-2010, 06:34 PM

Default Re: HD Native low latency monitoring

Quote:
Originally Posted by @ndy View Post
Even though my old Digi001 sounded horrible, it was rock solid. I believe that it was because of the card! I may be wrong.
I have felt this way ever since I traded up from my 001. If Avid sold me back my 001 with a PCIe and let it be compatable with the current version of LE I would be happy as a pig in s**t. I have always blamed firewire for my stability issues.

I'd send it off to BLA and have them upgrade the insides and call it a day. The features in LE fit my needs perfectly. I just want it rock solid.

I see all the whining about HD Native having to use a card. I do %99 of my work in my studio. From the sounds of it, AE's everywhere need the ability to edit and mix wherever they may be. This just isn't how I want, or like to work.

I don't have 6k to spend on HD Native, nor do i need it's features. I would love another 00 series with a PCIe card though.

Sorry to hijack, and this probably doesn't belong here, but I haven't seen anyone else echo the way I feel about firewire. @ndy and I maybe wrong, but i don't think so.