View Single Post
Old 06-10-2015, 02:22 PM

Default Re: 11 Rack and external mic pre.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Connect the line out on the preamp to one of the line in inputs on the Eleven Rack using a standard TRS cable. The line inputs appears in Pro Tools as separate input from the rig processing the Eleven Rack is doing.

I am failing to see the problem here so kind of expecting there is some deeper confusion going on. What are you trying to do? How many simultaneous inputs/what ones are you trying to record? If you just want to record vocals you can always use the built in preamp, and even some of the in-box effects if you want to run the mic though the rig (possible if there is no simultaneous guitar input/tracking through the rig).

If you are new to recording/Pro Tools I would start by getting familiar with tracking vocals into the Eleven Rack mic preamp before you go buy an external preamp. And the Eleven Rack preamp may be all you need.

Darryl
Hi everyone.

Noted the comments in this thread as I am currently trying to connect my Focusrite Platinum Voicemaster to my Eleven Rack to record my main vocal on one track in Pro Tools 10. I have connected as suggested above from one of the line outs on the preamp to one of the line ins on the Eleven Rack. However when I speak through my CV-12 Microphone the metre on my Voicemaster does not move and the track in Pro tools is not affected by the Voice Master preamp. I only hear and see the track being affected by the Vocal Rig preset on the Eleven Rack.

Is there something else I have to do within my session in Pro Tools for the Voicemaster to work?

Please advise as I find the preamp on the Eleven Rack poor in comparison to the Voicemaster.