View Single Post
Old 04-30-2018, 03:53 AM

Default Re: Arturia V Collection 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by leftalive View Post
I got a targeted Instagram message (which is slightly creepy, but whatever) about the price drop, but I'm still not biting. The idea of having to use that infernal proprietary installer app again makes me want to drink heavily.

I try my hardest not to buy software outside of the holiday season, as the deals then are pretty much always the best of the year, but I am interested to hear how the DX7 holds up, next to the real one I have sitting here.
Actually it's not that creepy (assuming you're on Instagram to begin with). Keep in mind that Facebook owns Instagram and Zuckerberg admitted in his two days of testimony that they go in and look at your browsing history and cookies for even when you're not logged into either service.

Personally I like having that installer app. Saves me from having to chase down updates. Something to keep in mind is that when it says there's an update for the whole collection you do NOT have to update everything. Another thing I like is that unlike NI's Native Access app you can elect to keep the downloads to save of into a safe place. Lately NI took away the ability to do that unless you're savvy enough to figure it out. Native Access automatically deletes the downloaded file after it's installed.

I too would like to see how the DX7 works out having had a DX7-IID a long time ago. I have NI's FM8 and find it a bit difficult to work with creating sounds. What I used to do with my h/w DX7 would be to start with a preset and then change the algorithm to one of the other 32 and see how that sounds and tweak parameters from there. Not easy to do in FM8.

QAPLA!