View Single Post
Old 10-07-2010, 06:06 PM

Default Re: PT native out of the bag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan View Post
ADC native code now exists. HD Native is the first to use this. This is pretty massive news for us native users. I highly doubt it will be exclusive to HD Native in my honest opinion. If we do a little more detective work, there's been some other very bold new moves alluded to in their advertising campaigns. Check this out from the HD Native promotion:

Here is another from the new Mbox launch promo:

First off, to allow other DAWs the use of more than 8 I/O in the HD I/O, Omni I/O, 192 I/O and 96 I/O via HD Native is HUGE! It really is. Currently, and for the past decade, we could only use a maximum of 8 I/O with ASIO/Core Audio on their high end hardware when using other DAWs. Secondly, they are promoting this as hardware to be used with all DAWs, not just Pro Tools. For them to even mention and list off other DAWs in their marketing promotion is quite shocking. They have clearly changed their strategy and finally become a real hardware company without the proprietary modus operandi they once had in the past. Digidesign would never ever have done this with their old guard, period. We can now buy whatever hardware from them that is best for our own needs and use it with all our favorite DAWs and audio audio programs. A plus point is that the PT software also happens to come with it. It's becoming the real hardware tier that we've all been screaming for. These are the boldest moves I've ever seen them do and definitely get an acknowledgment and applause from myself.

These really are big bold changes. I'll remain optimistic with what they'll reveal to us "LE" users. With all the new changes that are clearly obvious, I highly doubt we'll be left out. We should be jumping for joy knowing that they took the first big step and finally made the ADC engine native. To me, this is the biggest news of the entire HD Native release.

As far as us LE users, I'd say they're saving the best surprises for last.

Shane
Well said, Shane.

As I've been reiterating... they aren't done with us, yet.

D
a n t h e I n c r e d i b l e S o u n d M a n

"Svetlana" v1 - 4.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4
Liquid Saffire 56 - PT10.2 - BFD2, VCC, Duende Native, Play 3.0

_C U R R E N T-D V E R B-S C O R E:515