View Single Post
Old 01-09-2012, 07:20 PM

Default Re: Digi MIDI i/o Duplicated and greyed in Audio/Midi setup

Quote:
Originally Posted by @ndy View Post
OK! So I have upgraded to Lion with a clean install and have had problems with the Midi I/O duplicates as usual. I have determined that the duplicates occur for me when switching between apps such as PT, Logic, Live and Reason. Today, instead of rebooting, I decided to launch the AMS and just drag my connections over to the new duplicate "Midi I/O 2". I use all 10 ports for all my gear and I was feeling lazy ... so I tried connecting my midi devices to both Midi I/Os. The AMS allowed it and it works!!!!!!!!! So all my devices are connected to 2 duplicate Midi I/Os at the same time. The virtual cables are all over the place like a spiderweb. So far, I can switch back and forth as much as I want without loosing the connection to the Midi I/O!!!!
Well! that is really something!!! kinda "go with the flow" thinking!
i have seen more that 2 IF's tho... maybe hook up to the 3rd one! ;-)

ok try this!

after a boot, launch AudioMidi Setup...
see what InterFace'(s) are present and not grayed out!
quit AMS
launch AMS, are the same IF's present?
quit AMS
launch AMS, is it the same? or do you have a different configuration?

when i have 2 IF's , one connected, one grayed out,
and i go thru many lauch/quit cycles of AMS, the config actually changes back and forth...one time IF#1 will be connectd and IF#2 is grayed.
then next launch the IF's are present but opposite online and grayed out..
i can repeat this over and over every time i launch AMS...
bizzzarrr!

thoughts???

Mac Pro:
PT 11.3.2 HD native, MIDI IO, 96IO
Mac Pro Desktop 4,1 osx 10.11.6., 8 Core 2.26GHz 2009 Intel Xeon MB535LL/A 16GB RAM 640GB HD ATI 4870
-----
MBP:
OS 10.11.6, MacBookPro 5,1, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz Memory: 8 GB Bus Speed:1.07 GHz, Boot ROM Version: MBP51.007E.B06, SMC Version (system):1.33f8