View Single Post
Old 10-06-2019, 09:10 AM

Default Problems with LLM / Allow sends to persist during LLM

Hi everyone,

I filed a case with Avid, but was wondering whether anyone here encountered a similar problem.

- I am currently setting up a monitor mix on the physical Cue output of an HD OMNI.
- I have an Audio track that has an AIR Reverb plugin in the first slot (for this test) and a Send towards this physical Cue output. The idea is to control the monitor level with this Send.
- The LLM path is assigned to this Cue output in I/O setup.
- The 'Allow sends to persist during LLM' is enabled.
- When I put the Audio track in Input Monitoring, the audio passes, with reverb on it, to the Cue output. This is correct.
- When I enable LLM, a double signal is passed to the Cue output, and strangely, the Reverb can still be heard as well. This is unexpected.
- The same happens if I assign the Output of the Audio track directly to the Cue output (instead of using the Send).
- When I drag the Send to another slot, the signal gets cut. Closing and reopening the Session fixes this.
- If I disable 'Allow sends to persist during LLM' everything works as expected, but then I can no longer use the Send to feed a monitoring Reverb on an Aux channel. When enabling LLM, the Reverb insert is no longer processed, and no sends persist, except for the Send that is feeding the physical Cue output!

So, I have no idea how it is possible that with 'Allow sends to persist during LLM' enabled, the plugins also seem to persist towards the LLM path! Any ideas?

Cheers,
Xavier