View Single Post
Old 09-23-2019, 05:16 PM

Default Pro Tools Changes the Sample Rate

Hello evryone.
I'm having an issue that seems to caused by my Pro Tools First. I have a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 as my Audio Interface. It seems that the interface is working just fine, since I can hear regular sounds in my computer without problems. It's working with the systems sounds, internet and media players. When I first installed it, it was set automatically to a Sample Rate of 48000 and it seems that, as long as it stays in this Sample Rate, it works fine. However, when I started following the Pro Tools First tutorial (It is a part of the instalation tutorial for the Scarlett 2i2), things stopped working... When I open Pro Tools First, it seems to be fine, so long as I don't open any projects... When I open the "File>Open Project" menu, Pro Tools seems to be setting my Sample Rate to 44100 an assigns a random value to my buffer size... sometimes is 64, sometimes 128, sometimes 256, but not higher than that... By the time this happens, I start to get crunching in my audio... whatever the origin systems sounds, internet, media players and Pro Tools... I can change the Sample Rate back to 48000, but the system imediatelly switches back to 44100... The same happens with the Buffer Size, if I go over 256... It doesn't seem to me to be a problem of the hardware, since it is working well when not in conjunction with Pro Tools, at a 48000 Sample Rate, whichever Buffer Size I choose... I've seen some problems similar to this one, but not quite like it... and the troubleshootings that I've tested didn't seem to solve the issue...

Here are my specs:
AMD FX4300 3,8GHz
8 Gb RAM
Windows 10 x64
Focusrite Scarlett 2i2
Focusrite Control v3.4
Pro Tools First 2019.6

Any help would be greatly apreciated, since I understand that this should be a fairly straight process to make it work... yet I have been struggling with it for almost a week now...