View Single Post
Old 09-05-2018, 12:47 AM

Default Re: looking for a digital audio desk to run with Pro Tools 2018.7

64GTOBOY, BillytheB

thanks for your feed back, I really appreciate it. not long home from surgery this morning get a carpol tunnel release... so back to 1 finger typing doh! but got heaps of time to read manuals..... almost worked through PT2018.7's reference

I have a similar issue from time to time re ASIO driver, usually a quick hot plug and it pops up in Audio MIDI Setup on my MBP. by then I usually have to start PT while holding the "n" key. Not sure why but I think it is how I shut down my MBP or I have accidentally tried to open PT when the interface isn't plugged in.

I think the QU32 is better place at this stage, only due to it being current and looks like ongoing RD with it. plus as you mentioned more I/O (I know the DM4800 has capacity to increase) and possibly a lil noisey re fan(s) maybe Billy can pipe in here.... I suppose prolly not an issue if you have a seperate console room.... which is doable in my house we have room for a 2-3 room studio plus a console room. And no! I'm not a rich and live in a big mansion. we rent a lovely huge old house with more rooms than my 2 boys and I need..... however may very well look at a DM4800 later this year for the going price cheap enough kinda not to. can run PT 10 on it. there are 2 4800's a 1 x 3200 going locally at the moment. the plus is they can run at 96k to the QU32 48k.... maybe they can upgrade that in future through software?
2.2GHz 6 core 8 gen Intel Core i7 processor (TB’s to 4.1GHz)
32 Gb of 2400MHz DDR4, 1T SSD, Magic Mouse and Keyboard
Pro Tools 2022.7 -23.# - HEAT applied, RME Fireface UCX II
........and a bowl of M&M's
———————————————————————————