View Single Post
Old 12-14-2002, 01:07 PM

Default Re: building the allen machine

Quote:
Originally posted by hank hill:
my computer guy isnt really an audio computer guy... but he does build computers for a living... i shuold be able to install the hardware and software on my own im sure... ill just follow the directions exaclty.. theres a few guys around town that i hear build actual pro tools computers... but since im gonna follow the hardware exaclty to your post... ill just have this guy build it and ill give it a shot installing.. cause hes gonna build it for free... plus he is a guitar student of mine so see him every week.. so he can always help out with a problem... and if i cant get it to work.. since at least the hardware combo is correct... if all else fails. then i can bring it to a pro tools expert, or try the duc...

ive only got 5.1.. i know i need 5.3 to run on windows xp.. so im hoping to get an upgrade disc from guitar center, i just gotta rememebr next time i go over there...

the case shouldnt be a problem right? i dont have your list of components in front of me, but.. i know that most of the time cases come with a powersupply built in.. so i dont remember what you recommened.. but i should be able to go rackmount with a different power supply without a problem right?.. or is there a particular combo you recommend?

thankx.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yes, You can go rackmount. I did list the Enermax power supply separately. I still use WinME with 5.1 on one of my computers and I still like it for most purposes.
Allen [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]