View Single Post
Old 07-28-2017, 07:06 PM

Default Crackle, Loud Beeping before crash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Westfall View Post
Thank you for the reply. I gave all computer specs when registering, so sorry for not including that. It's a 12.5" mid-2010 iMac. 500 G hard drive, 12 Gig of Ram, running El Capitan. I was told 30.06 GHz, I assumed that was the clock rate. (Maybe I misheard.)

This has never happened before with 48k sessions, only these which are 96k. It doesn't happen at a specific place in a song, and it'll happen with any song. Usually plays fine for 10 or 20 minutes, sometimes less, and then starts crackling very loudly, followed by the beeps. The sessions play fine on the client's computer.

What is meant by trashing prefs?

I will try the things you suggested. Thanks for your help.

But what *exactly* happens?

No such thing as a 12.5" iMac (OK I get you mean 21.5) or a 30.06 GHz CPU. The OSX system information utility will tell you all about your system and you need to understand this if you are going to make progress.

What exact model/spec drive? List all your drives. Are you using a dedicated audio drive? Again, the system information utility tells you this... Google how to use it if you don't know.

Your system info says 12GB which implies a mismatched set of DIMMs. Not a good idea. Who upgraded the memory?

Trashing prefs is well described under the "Help us help you". As are optimization steps. Seems you have lots of reading to....

El Crapitan was one of the worse OS X releases in a long time. It may pay you to get off it. We are still lacking clear information to know if your system is suitable for running Pro Tools and what this sessions looks like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Darryl Ramm; 07-28-2017 at 07:17 PM.