View Single Post
Old 01-21-2020, 09:26 AM

Default Re: 2019.12 HD Driver install bricked my MBP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDS View Post
My 2018 MBP had similar hanging when an eGPU was attached. Unplugging it while OSX loads, then plugging it in after the desktop appeared seemed to work fine in sorting it out. It randomly stopped happening one day, I think after an OSX update. Have you tried doing something similar?
Well, I have tried booting it in safe mode without the TB-PCIe chassis attached. Indeed, before bed last night I tried booting in safe mode with nothing atttached but the power supply. This morning, it is still hung at the apple loga and near-complete boot progress bar.

Quote:
TB3 isn't technically supported with HDX and Pro Tools yet. There are details about it on the Sonnet website. Their solution is to downgrade the Echo Express III to TB2... it costs $150 though. With that being said, Avid have announced TB3 versions of HDX using custom sonnet enclosures so TB3 support might be appearing in the next Pro Tools release.
Yeah, I was aware of that. My sales rep suggested it was probably just a matter of not having been formally tested yet. And that it would 'probably' work. Promised to make it right if it did not. But I don't think 'make it right' would include restoring a bricked laptop to functionality.