View Single Post
Old 01-05-2019, 06:28 AM

Default 003 + 11R + ISA428 optimisation

Hello!

I’ve recently purchased the 828 AD card for the ISA 428. I planned to run it via ADAT to my 003 so I can take advantage of the better conversion/clock a lot of people in the forum claims it has. I’m super excited to try it out :)

Saying that I have a few questions that I was hoping someone could help me with.

Firstly I haven’t really been able to suss how the conversion works. To my understanding setting the ISA as the clock source (i.e ADAT) will bypass the 003 convertors and so that it can use its own. Is that just for whatever I track through the ISA? Will any of the 003 preamps get any benefit from the ISA convertors?

Secondly I also have an Eleven Rack connected to the 003 via SPDIF. Is there a way to connect that to the ISA so that it can also get better conversion? There is an AES/SPDIF on the ISA but from what I can tell it’s only an output.

Lastly...if anyone can give any input to what the ADC inputs on the back of ISA do that would be much appreciated. Been trawling this and the gearslutz forum the past couple of days and haven't found a direct answer. At a guess they serve the same purpose as the channels 5-8 on the 003.

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks!