View Single Post
Old 11-01-2017, 06:22 AM

Default AVID swinging from MAC to PC??

Hi All,

I've been a voyeur of this forum for years (so thanks to all for that!), but finally I need to pose a question - hopefully this is in the correct category.

I've been mixing with pro tools for 17 years and have been on MACs for most of that time; they just worked well.
Under new employment, I had a new suite built, but I was forced into the PC route. The biggest argument that was given was that AVID are moving over to PC as their primary format for PT. Apparently this comes from quite high up...whatever that means.
I've trawled the forum and wider internet and I can't find anything supporting this directly.

Six months in and I dislike the machine more than the first day. There are far too many pages of reasons for that, but they break down into two categories:

1. The general PC interface, from file management and folders to how windows presents itself.
2. It's performance for PT and presentation.

It's a well loaded machine, and we have two of these suites which are identical in their behaviour so I don't think it's faulty. So why is it slower than my previous Mac with significantly less processing, and why can't it multitask? I know people have their preferences like myself, so if you're please with your PC performance I'm pleased for you.

But, the long and short of it comes down to:

Are AVID going to go this route permanently?

They have a heritage of this after all, with Media Composer.

Many thanks in advance and sorry if it's a long post, I just want to be as clear as possible.