View Single Post
Old 04-22-2013, 03:45 AM

Default Re: Mac rocks better !!!

I have been using Macs for over 12 years, not only for music but also for 2D and 3d tasks. (Maya, After Effects, Final Cut etc...) I swore by them and their stability. The first warning sign that it might be a one sided love was what they did with FinalCutPro and how they treated the whole film industry. It was a shock for me. I looked at Logic and thought that it might be next. So I moved to PT. Nowadays they make money on phones, tablets and in the next future on TVsets and watches. Making a pro spec computer will be the last thing they will be interested in. Many people wait for the new MacPro but honestly, they already gave up that market in my opinion, even if a new machine comes out in the next one-two months. I switched to PC (like many others who couldn’t wait any longer) about a year ago. I can't complain. It is true, you have to find the right components, especially with sensible software like PT, but it works, and for a fraction of a price of a MacPro I have a machine that can run circles around a Mac performance wise. These days, with the intel chips, the macs are nothing else than, overpriced, but carefully assembled,well build and a bit outdated, PC's.