Thread: D-Verb warble
View Single Post
Old 11-09-2018, 11:39 PM

Default Re: D-Verb warble

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSD-Studio View Post
Well, “better” is not an objective term.
I’ve got revived an relab480 any many more fantastic reverbs that I live and that sound “better”.
But this almost cheap sounding graininess of d-verb is perfect for metal snare drums, I have not found a single one that does the same thing for me, it’s become a massive part of my “signature” drum sound.
I would never use it for anything else since I got “better” sounding reverbs, but this one thing it does on snares is something that no other reverb can do for me. With today’s processing power it really shouldn’t be a problem for avid to fix this, a lot of people are still using d-verb (in fact many of my colleagues are using it for that very same reason$.
Avid will not fix it, don't hope for it...
While I completely understand your nostalgia for d-verb, at the end its just the matter of "home work". You will find a modern replacement of d-verb if you simply open yourself to trying all these new plugins...
Try Exponential Audio, some of their plugins have built in EQ, Distortion and Dynamics algorithms to make it sound right.

Sound Designer
/ mixer
www.goorevich.com

PT HD⎪N v2024.3 Ultimate ● macOS Ventura 13.6.3
MacPro 7.1 (2019) 3.2GHz Intel Xeon W 16-Core ● 96 GB RAM
MTRX Studio + DADman 5.7.0.1 + MOM ● Sync HD ● AJA Kona LHi referenced by AJA GEN10 ● D-Command ES24