View Single Post
Old 04-30-2009, 02:44 AM

Default Re: Using M-Audio Fast Track Pro With Pro Tools HD????

hemiloco915,

scottleader does make a valid point. Perhaps you don’t really need an HD system. If so, let me suggest an alternate solution.

Try to talk to your GTC sales person and see if you can’t workout some form of exchange, i.e. a proper PT8 LE license for the system you own, in return for your [currently] “useless” HD authorization.

If you don’t go in with guns blazing, you may very well get this resolved. If a GTC clerk can’t/won’t help you, politely escalate the issue — ask for a manager. His goal should be to keep you among his customers. Your goal, in addition to resolving today’s problem, should be to establish a relationship with someone at the store. Someone who knows you, your gear and needs, and can “have your back.” And yes, it is possible to establish such a relationship at Guitar Center.

And while this all started with an error on your part, it would also be fair to say that your original GTC sales person must share some responsibility for selling you something you can’t use. (He should have asked).

If that doesn’t work, try reaching out to Digidesign’s Customer Service Department. I have always found them to be very helpful.

Above all, keep your cool.

IHTH.

We’ll fix it in the shrink-wrap. (Frank Zappa)