View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013, 08:30 AM

Default Re: VE Pro 5 and Pro Tools 11

Hi All
Well bit the bullet. I got my spare PC up and running (Win 7, 64bit, memory upgraded to 16GB). Purchased VE Pro 5. Installed.

Loaded a whole load of instruments onto this ‘slave’.

Got my main PC up and running (with PT 10 currently). PC’s connected through LAN. Main PC goes to MBox 3 / E11R etc.
Got the server started on the slave – got an instanced raised – loaded Electri6iy into it.

Started PT10 on my main PC – new Project. Inserted a new instrument track. Inserted V E Pro 5 instrument plugin (64Bit AAX). Connected to slave ….
Pressed notes on my keyboard – it works! It flipping well works first time as well!

And what a difference – no lag. Can play the ‘guitar’ plugin on the slave – the midi (and audio) nicely routed over LAN. Tried recording and playback – perfect
To be honest, without even thinking about PT11, this is like a totally new system!!!

One question (for those that use this set up). For multiple midi tracks in PT, everything I install the VE Pro 5 plugin it appears to open a new instance on the slave (I get no choice – it just sees the slave PC). This works -but it means if I have 5 midi tracks in PT – I end up with 5 instances opened on the slave.

What I want to be able to do is to insert say 3 plugins into one instance called (INT1) on the slave – and then be able to access that instance from three separate midi tracks on PT – using a different midi channel for each. I am sure this must be possible but so far have not got it to work. I can rename an instance, and save it, but do not appear to be able to select it for more than one track.

Any ideas?

That said – already, a revelation in power, speed, performance and workflow!
Mark