View Single Post
Old 09-12-2008, 01:39 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools is unable to communicate with HUI.

Hi Thingfish and Scott,

I have had minor success with the MCUs and Pro Tools. I am running my 3 MCU's off a USB MTPAV. Once I did a hard RESET of the MTPAV and re-mapped my synths & MCU's to the new MTPAV device in AMS. I had to go into Pro Tools and de-select the MCU's in the peripherals/midi controller window & reselect the 3 MCUs.

Now the 3 MCUs are being recognized in Pro Tools and moving unlike in the past but I am still getting the error messages "HUI not communicating ....." so much I really can't rely on it for much of anything Mixing/Tracking etc.

I tried to upgrade the firmware of the 3 MCUs from version 2.1.0 to 2.1.2 but can't for the life of me get any sequencer or utility that will properly send the SYSEX data from the MIDI to the MCU's. Not that this will fix the Pro Tools MCU problem.

OMG when will this end!!!! I really think the MCUs don't really work well with Pro Tools and that you're better off going with something else. I've never had a problem with the Pro Control controllers I have.

BTW: the MCU's work perfectly in Digital Performer 5.13. Go figure !! I'll keep plugging away at it but in the meantime I gotta get some work done with all the gear. I'll keep looking & experiment and update you if I find a fix.

Ciao,