View Single Post
Old 08-30-2008, 12:40 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools is unable to communicate with HUI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thingfish_mpowered View Post
I keep getting this error:

"Pro Tools is unable to communicate with HUI. Power-cycle HUI and check its connections. Note, if HUI is not in use, update the Peripherals dialog to prevent further warnings"

I'm using a Mackie Universal Control setup as an HUI. It's worked fine until today. I've even troubleshot this before (power-cycling was the solution), but this time I haven't had any luck.

Here's my system:

Mac Workstation 2x2 dual core intel xeon
OS 10.5.3
Pro Tools M-Powered 7.4.2cs1
6 gb of ram
Mackie UC, M-Audio firewire 410, HP Printer (all present before when it worked)
3 SATA drives onboard

Troubleshooting:

- Attempted to power cycle
- Re-initialized MUC to HUI emulator
- Re-configured settings in PT peripherals menu (just cleared and restored)
- Attempted every combination of restarting computer, rebooting PT and power cycling MUC
- Searched DUC archives and DD support, only to find a few entries:

-Unable to communicate with HUI or Mackie Control.
Make sure transmit and receive channels are activated for the MIDI interface in the Audio MIDI Setup Utility.

-"Pro Tools is unable to communicate with HUI. Please power cycle HUI and check its connections." error in Pro Tools upon closing a session.
This can occur if Run MIDI in Background is unchecked in the OMS MIDI Setup program (found under the Setups Menu in Pro Tools).

OMS?! Wow.. high school memories of Vision DSP troubleshooting..

Anyways, I might add that in addition to this not being a problem but a few days ago, AND that I've successfully dealt with this before, the strange thing is that moving faders in PT still controls the MUC, but the MUC won't transmit information to PT and I keep receiving that error message...

whew. sorry for the long post, just wanted to be thorough.

Thanks,
TF
Hi TF, It sounds like a corrupted database or preference. Please try this application...www.jcdeshaies.com. It's free and it will probably take care of the problem after you use it and reboot.