View Single Post
Old 08-25-2016, 03:17 PM

Default Re: Protools M-Powered-signal in but no audio on Playback.

I am having a similar problem. I just converted my Pro Tools 8 M-Powered setup from Windows to a MacPro. I am running os X 10.6.8 on a box with a 2.66 GHz dual core Xeon processor and 32 GB of Ram. Installed PT 8 directly from the disc. Updated to 8.0.3 then to 8.0.5 (as recommended by the Avid site). Installed latest driver for the M-Audio ProjectMix I/O that I just bought to upgrade from the Fast Track Ultra (Firewire_OSX_1_10_5.dmg). The PT software recognizes the ProjectMix, and all digital functions seem to be working properly. I can make panning adjustments on the ProjectMix and they show up in the PT software. Likewise, I can make adjustments in the software (like creating a new track) and it shows up on the ProjectMix. The problem is that I cannot get the ProjectMix to recognize any inputs from analog signals AND the ProjectMix will not produce any audible sound on the back end. I have tried every output and every input. The PM I/O control panel software that came with the driver shows an audio signal being delivered to the Main outputs and to both headphone outputs, but there is no sound from either.

Another strange thing is that the PM will recognize MIDI input and actually write it to the PT software. It just will not allow me to "turn on" any of the 8 inputs to receive a signal. I have spent three days trying to figure this thing out. I really would like to be able to use the ProjectMix. The functions it has on board would be so much nicer than mousing it all day with my old Fast Track.