View Single Post
Old 05-01-2008, 03:47 PM

Default Re: So Far, So Not So Good

It gets a little weirder... ok, so I dl'ed memtest at my friend's house, came back to my house and my computer wouldn't turn on. It would start the cd, then off, then on, and so on... this actually happened once before, and when it started working again I got a CMOS Checksum error, and my BIOS system time and date were reset to 2001...

So I thought maybe it's bad ram, so I traipsed down to my local Tiger Direct and bought 2 gigs of corsair dominator memory, figuring that when I returned my XMS, I'd have 4 gig. Installed it, same problem. I did notice that maybe the case seemed slightly "electric-y?" Grounding or power issue?

I took out my SIIG firewire card, and the system booted up. Dunno if that's a coinkidink. Got the CMOS error again and once again my BIOS settings were set to default and 2002. I'd love to hear any thoughts on this, and remember I am a newbie when it comes to building. Sigh, my buddy's Quad that I built is so solid... maybe I should get a Mac... NO!!! AT least the system is working again, I have a ton of work to do!

you guys are great,
rocketeer