View Single Post
Old 10-11-2010, 02:05 PM

Default Re: HD Native now on Digi website

Thanks for the replies, guys. I have to say, that I came to this thread after reading Avid's own advertising promo for HD-Native. That promo really did lead me to believe that much of the processing would be done on the card. If that's not the case, then they need to know that the advertising is misleading. I may be no expert in all the possible features of all the possible Protools system, but I know enough to be able to usually draw valid conclusions from a software/hardware sales pitches. What I had read into it, as HD-Native's main draw, at least for myself, isn't even covered from what you all say.

And i also get the sense that no one responding to this thread actually knows for sure how HD_native handles computing tasks. I wish we could engage the Digi guy monitoring this thread, to spell it all out in simple language. For LE users who don't care about a zillion tracks, or HD plugins is it mostly that you get better converters? Seriously.

Right now, I do have LE8 on my MacBook, with one of those little Digi interfaces that let's me edit on the road, but not record. And yes, It is 100% stable.

And yes, when i do upgrade my mac to a new 8 or 16 processor desktop, I'll certainly try it first with LE8, running through my Digi002. But I'd still be interested in a replacement for the 002, which is the other reason i was drawn to HD-Native. That should also be inferred to mean that I don't view the 003 as a valid upgrade for the 002. I guess what I'm really going to have to wait for is 004. Hopefully, they won't up the price on that as well, to over $2k, which is only going to force me to reconsider my long term relationship with Digi.

165 voices? Besides telling us that you have the biggest baseball collection on the block, I can't believe a session like that is actually an efficient way to create musical media.