View Single Post
Old 09-11-2019, 08:31 AM

Default Re: Will there be an Avid S2

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
Ha, thats a very old image (of the old App with the nonexistent EQ curve) ;-)

To clarify: The old Pro Tools Control App will go away and the new Avid Control will take its place. It will be both iOS and Android compatible and work in portrait or landscape. It will scale to different screen sizes and resolutions. We dont have a list of supported models yet but the current supported iPads should be OK and most reasonably powered Androids. (I have it on my Amazon Fire 10, its not as fast as an iPad but OK for the meters screen) All the usual tabs from the old app will still be there (just enhanced with the new UI and new features like EQ/DYN curves) In addition to these there is another tab called Meters that shows the S6 style meters display. The App will work in 2 modes, master and slave. With just one tablet connected in EuControl it will be in master mode and all screens visible including the new meters screen. If you add a second tablet along with an S1 it will automatically go into slave mode and the meters zoomed out full screen. The meters then follow that S1's tracks.
Can you give your personal suggestion on what the minimum iPad spec would be for 100% smooth performance? Would a first gen iPad Pro 9.7" have enough power to run the app without any stutter or lag?

iMac Pro
- MacOS 10.14.6
---
- Pro Tools U HDN 2019.6
- Avid HD Omni + HD I/O 8x8x8
- C|24 | S3 | Dock