View Single Post
Old 06-07-2009, 08:10 AM

Default Re: Protools LE and the fight of its life?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filmusic View Post
Hi,

Reason fails with drums (IMHO) as all they give you is a few devices capable of playing back Rex files...while Strike is 'smart' check it out - I swear buy it.

It will be interesting to see if Record offers drag and drop rex files...if so...then using mutiple rex files EASILY will add value ...cause then programs like drumcore (which can export Rex files) will make staying within Props a reality...now onto thay VST issue with Record...ha ha...there's always a something missing from brilliance..

Cheers
Stephen
i really would not compare reason rex files and strike in the same sentence. completely different sport propellerhead as being the "inventor" of rex files (for cubase oddly enough) i think did a perfect job for playing back rex files with the rex player. assigning each slice to a keyboard key automatically is genious imo. simple pitch control, very basic. but that is basically all it is, not an actual drum kit player.

the reason drum kits refill i always thought it sounded great and used it TONS until i got heavy into bfd a few years back. sound wise i think drum kits smokes strike hands down but was of course limited to nnxt and your knowledge of manipulating midi.

strike is built for nothing but playing drums. so control of groove, kit pieces, "feel" control of mics, just more drummer oriented things. but strike closing off its sound bank to any "outside" samples is the biggest mistake they made and HUGE mistake at that.

bfd 2 and strike would be a logical comparison, though i am not getting into it here......

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 4-11-2024)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10