View Single Post
Old 10-19-2014, 06:31 PM

Default Re: Yosemite and Mbox 2 Drivers (Good news so far)

Sorry I've been a lil busy since my last post, and never really got around to posting my results from the public beta updates until today.

All Yosemite public betas (1-6) all worked the same way as they do on Mavericks (Intel Core 2 Duo), Mbox 2 outputs no sound when connected directly to USB ports, only on the the first beta did I actually get sound sound directly connected, and that was very spotty. The only way to get sound was using a USB hub as per the directions of Avid for people of Intel Core 2 Duo systems like myself.

So today I was finally able to update my Yosemite Public Beta thumbdrive to the full retail version of Yosemite, it took several hours mostly because it's a USB 2.0 but not the less. The result was the same as the Public Beta, sound output worked only when Mbox 2 was connected to a USB Hub just like Mavericks. A side note Mbox 2 sound works Mavericks 10.9.5 w/hub which is currently not supported/approved by Avid.

The only reasons why I was testing Yosemite was to make sure the drivers for the Mbox 2 would work. I used to use Protools 7 and 8 before it wasn't supported properly on Lion and up, I will be doing a fresh install on my main drive once I've backed up everything I've needed, but for those who wanted to take the plunge these are the results which have been positive so far.

Im a person who always wants to jump on the newest thing, but I always do my own personal research/testing prior to doing it, but this expression always remains true "If it ain't broke, don't fix it".

Best of luck to those who make the jump to Yosemite :)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2014-10-19 at 6.17.48 PM.jpg (57.6 KB, 0 views)