View Single Post
Old 11-16-2013, 11:12 PM

Default Re: Mavericks 10.9 & Mbox mini update still not working

Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphghayad View Post
Dear Daryll,

The thing is that after installing Mavericks, Mbox mini didn't work anymore.
Even After installing the new package 1.2.0
I run Ableton live 9.0 and not Pro Tools. Anyhow, the mbox's output is not working. Only the input (the mic) i can record to any software through the mbox but the output is still not working on any software. The Mbox is recognised by the pc/software, but the sound is not coming out. The problem is with the update i think.
What other information you need to help me solve this?
You need to describe clearly what your setup is. Lots of stuff I mentioned before applies equally to you so you could have tried that.

What exact speakers/monitors are connected to exactly what ports on the Mbox Mini?

Do the meters inside Ableton move when playing audio?

Does iTunes output audio to the Mbox Mini?

What audio devices show up in the OS X Audio/MIDI setup Utility (post a screenshot)

Post a screenshot of the Control Panel prefpane for the Mbox Mini (with it connected, even if it does not say connected).

You have an Mbox 3 Mini right? You are absolutely sure it is an Mbox 3 family and sure its a mini (attach a photo if not absolutely sure).

And you have installed the Mbox 3 Mini driver not the Mbox 3 driver.

kextstat | grep com\.avid

and paste the output here.

Have you tried redownloading the Mbox 3 Mini driver again and reinstalling it (and all the exact stuff I suggested to the other user?). You did followed the right driver install procedure right and installed the driver with the Mbox disconnected/powered off?

What exact Mac do you have (date/name/model code).

Got your backup handy ready to roll back from Mavericks if you can't fix this?