View Single Post
Old 12-12-2005, 12:15 PM

Default Re: \'external clock choice is invalid\' message

Hi,

I'm afraid I dont' have anything to add solution-wise, but I am having the same problem. I was receiving 8 channels of ADAT from a Tascam DM24. Everything was working fine, the DM24 was the master clock reference. All of the sudden one day, the ADAT inputs were no longer working. My tipoff was the same "External clock source invalid," message.

I have tried everything from replacing the cables to getting an external clock (apogee big ben) to replacing the external ADAT source (I'm now using an ISA 428, was upgrading my pre's anyway). Still no ADAT signals coming into the 002. I have checked the I/O setup and everything is in order. The external clock is now coming in via the SPDIF inputs to the 002, and there is no more "External clock source invalid," message. However, I still cannot record from my ADAT inputs.

I can symphathize with your issue. It is really frustrating to be down HALF of your system inputs! Has anyone come across a solution? Before seeing this post, it appeared to me that I had a hardware issue with the 002.

I'm using LE version 6.9, recently upgraded from 6.4. What I can't remember is if the ADAT inputs were ever working in version 6.9. I wasn't using ADAT much at the time, but now need the extra inputs. I'm working on finding a solution to this problem. I'll post an update if I get the problem solved. In the mean time, does anyone else have further input?

cheers,
Bob