Thread: Inserts & Sends
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2017, 12:36 PM

Default Re: Inserts & Sends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew Mazurek View Post
When one considers that the S6 is mostly aimed at Post work, and their reliance on templates, it's easier to understand the omission. IOW, if all your sends and inserts are already there, there's no need to be able to assign them. Is your mind "unboggled"???

No excusing it or saying you don't have a point, just trying to help you understand why it might be this way.
Hi Drew!

Wow!! Reading your post sent CHILLS down my spine!! "... mostly aimed at Post work" ?!?!? I may be completely missing it here but I think I could go back and find Avid ads, Avid statements in this forum, Avid presentations at conventions and conferences, Avid videos, etc that clearly describe the S6 as the perfect MIXING solution (along with being the perfect Post solution). And that it is intended to replace their previous mixing targeted products. I can at least say for sure a whole lot of us definitely had that impression.

Even without knowing you, I can assure you that you are FAR more knowledgeable about all of this than I am (which is why your comment was so scary). But from my point of view, I wouldn't have thought that a focus on Post (vs. say mixing, or tracking...) is, or should be, driving any Avid choices regarding what features should be included in S6 software updates. Did I buy the wrong thing??

PS. I've been feeling the same way as JP about inserts and sends and I think others have too??