View Single Post
Old 01-21-2020, 09:21 AM

Default Re: 2019.12 HD Driver install bricked my MBP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Have you done the security settings so the new Macbook is allowed to see the interface as apple changed that with Mojave and upwards so you might need to set the security settings manually.
I really don't know. And seeing as my machine won't boot, I have no way to check. I would have thought the PT install process would have taken care of this, would it be necessary. Then again, I would have thought the PT installation process would have installed all necessary drivers to begin with. You know what they say about assumptions.

FWIW, PT 2019.12 Ultimate worked on the new MBP with USB interfaces before trying to move the HD Native system over to that new machine. DOes this answer the security settings question?

Quote:
And also do you have the digilink license on your ilok key as thats needed after PT12.6 HD which might be included in Ultimate and if it is then it will be inside your ultimate bundle on the iLok. Otherwise you have a $299 purchase to take care of before you can use the card and interface. What PT version was the last you used with You card and digilink interface before going to Ultimate and had it working? If it was PT10HD (On the old mac pro) then you NEED the Digilink license..
Yes, the iLok does contain the DigiLink license. It came with my OMNI. The previous version used (2009 on the Mac Pro) was indeed PT10HD (specific release in sig). But I was already aware upgrading would require the DigiLink license, so I activated it on my iLok.