View Single Post
Old 12-18-2017, 08:46 AM

Default Re: Major disappointment with Xeon E5-2670 system: please help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
stop looking at the system usage graph, it is not telling you anything useful.... Hopefully Windows 10 Pro with updates fully disabled, and no AV software. ......I don’t know what ******** Fujitsu computers come installed with but if there is any then do a clean MS Windows install. ..... Especially, trash prefs. .... Start with a new admin account?....Why did you buy such an expensive PC with only SATA SSD?
- I just thought, this usage graph could give an indication on what's happening, especially when it is contrary to what Windows itself tells me.
- Sandra report will follow
- As I wrote: Win 10 Pro, fresh install from scratch, no bloatware, deinstalled every unnecessary app, also did a Windows optimization by disabling all things not necessary. System is up to date as of drivers etc.
- I only set the machine up with Pro Tools (latest version 12.8.2) and Adobe Lightroom/Photoshop. Nothing else. No games, no frills, just a workhorse...
- Clean install = no previous prefs. But trashed them, anyway, again.
- New Admin account: since everything was set up from scratch and the computer is not bloated with tons of "old stuff", should I really???
- I had already bought the SSDs - the BX300 is for photos (I need a lot of storage), the VX500 for Pro Tools (deliberate choice because of "MLC" and not "TLC").
- It's a Fujitsu WORKSTATION, a power workhorse, comparable to the big HP Workstations like Z820 or Z840, that are used in quite a few studios. Sturdy, professional build, no consumer or gamer product. They come with nothing installed.