View Single Post
Old 10-23-2016, 06:06 PM

Default Record on TimeCode chase problem...

I've had this problem for several versions of PTHD and can't figure out how to solve it.

We're shooting in a 45' HD truck with SSL C200 console, taking up to 144-mic pres to 128-IO to ProTools via MADI to DigiLink. We have a SyncHD that is locked to house black as well as Brainstorm DCD-8 for WC distro. The SSL is also locked to house black.

I've had many, many times when dropping ProTools into 'chase' while 'record armed' and incoming TC is read incorrectly... up to 4-5 hours late. When I disable 'chase', ProTools crashes with an option to send the error log to Avid.

This has happened with versions going back to 10, so it's not a new problem.

Has anyone else had this problem? I'm not in the truck but can send logs at a later date.

One other thing... we have two drives to record audio to, and usually allocate 1/2 & 1/2 between the two drives. There is a delay when going into record, even when it works correctly, as ProTools is creating files on the allocated drives for 96+ tracks... but when it reads incoming TC incorrectly is when everything goes bad.

Would really like some input on this. We've been having this problem for 6-7 years, intermittently, and have just been 'dealing with it'... but I want it fixed.

Ideas? Thanks!

ProTools 12.6 HDX2
MADI from SSL DigiLink (MADI to DigiLink conversion)
Mac OS doesn't matter as this has happened with multiple versions of ProTools and OSs.