View Single Post
Old 05-20-2017, 02:24 PM

Default Re: Where Have All the Melodies Gone?

Yes, watched from DVD files, ripped into my computer. I hooked the audio out of my computer to a Sony STR D965 Receiver, connected to my JBL L-110 stereo speakers, and of course it sounded a lot better than my desktop computer speakers. But, the audience levels were still quite high. You can hear them singing along, and cheering during guitar solos. I thought maybe they had the audience level higher at the beginning for effect, so I skipped to the middle and it was still the same. It wasn't the type of thing where they boosted the audience level when the video showed the audience, it was pretty constant.

For a comparison, I pulled up R30, and without changing any settings played a song from that video, and the audience level was considerably lower. So on Rush in Rio it must have been a producer's decision. I don't have a 5.1 or 7.1 system to listen on, and I think I just ripped the stereo audio files off of the DVD, rather than the surround files.

Still a very good concert video, I just prefer the musicians are front and center, not the audience.

Even worse to me is when they boost the level of whichever instrument is currently being shown at the time. I have a Rolling Stones concert dvd where they did that and it was very annoying. (Don't remember which DVD, because I have a bunch of Stone's concert DVDs).

Digi 002 rack , Command 8, Behringer ADA 8000, Tascam M-320B Mixer, Alesis Monitor Two Speakers, Vintage and Modern Tube Amps, Fender American Strat, 1973 Gibson SB-450 Bass, Epiphone Les Paul Traditional Pro, Roland W-30 Keyboard, Preimier XPK Fusion Drum Kit.