View Single Post
Old 10-23-2020, 02:00 PM

Default Re: Bounce to Quicktime/Catalina

Agreed that this is a real letdown from Avid. The fact that I can use Video Slave - which sucks compared to just pressing "Bounce to Quicktime" - to replace audio shows that this CAN be done in Catalina...

I understand that things can take a while to perfect, but as a main feature of this program, essential to a wide part of their customer-base, it's egregious that this fix is taking so long.

Pro Tools keeps losing customers in the most frustrating ways...
- They wouldn't abandon Digidesign hardware gate, so they lost customers until they did.
- They wouldn't implement Offline Bounce, so they lost customers until they did.
- They wouldn't implement track folders, so they lost customers until they did.

And now - with months (years?!) to prepare for re-syncing audio to a video we're totally left in the dark about a solution. They'll continue to bleed customers to Logic, Nuendo, Descript, etc...

It's like they just refuse to hear complaints off-the-bat and wait until the technology is long in the rearview mirror to implement it.

Can Avid please hire someone to INNOVATE in the Pro Tools department? And stay AHEAD of these issues? This software is my livelihood and I've never felt respected or cared about by this infernal company.
Mac OS X Catalina 10.15.6
Lynx Thunderbolt Aurora(n) 24
Lynx Hilo
Burl B2 Bomber