View Single Post
Old 11-16-2013, 06:10 AM

Default Re: Mavericks 10.9 & Mbox mini update still not working

I have exactly the same problem. I thought that some software on my Mac Mini 2010 was causing the problem so I erased my drive (first saving all my important files) After reinstalling Mavericks, I arrived at the point where all I had were the mac's original apps. I launched iTunes selecting mbox mini as my audio out. The sound came through perfectly and I listened to my favourite tracks as I reloaded all my apps. Closed iTunes and launched PT 11 selecting mbox mini as my playback engine. And....... back to the same old "no audio out"! Hardware connected - check ; streaming - check - no sound. And no sound when playing iTunes anymore! So the only conclusion that can be drawn is - Mavericks didn't kill my mbox mini - PT 11 11.0.3 did. My Apogee ONE is working very well with PT 11.0.3 once I had set up the correct audio path. Avid need to get the mbox mini talking to PT11.0.3. ASAP
Have to say: Kudos to Avid. In the old Digidesign days PT updates followed Mac OSX updates by almost ten months