Thread: Bye 11R
View Single Post
Old 09-09-2018, 09:09 PM

Default Re: Bye 11R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debeauville View Post
congrats on the new Ferrari.. oops Axefx3
I don't really think of it as such, rather; The Axe achieved what the 11R originally set out to do.

The rest, you've summed up quite nicely.

I must say, the AxeIII is an awesome piece of kit. I've had it now for almost a month and have hardly scratched the surface. Having said that, I was stuck for a week playing the first preset (un-tweaked) as it was so good.

Compared to the 11R, it's a lot harder to dial in my tones as there are so many more parameters for each 'block', but the result is absolutely stellar. I'm glad I had the 11R/s for so long as they gave me plenty of practice using a modeler

One of the most amazing things though is; the continuous developmental work being done as firmware upgrades flow out so regularly. I know the III is a new product, but the older Axes still get plenty of attention as well.

Anyway, I don't want to come across as anti 11R. That unit has a special place in my personal life and I've spent so much time with it that I'll definitely be keeping one on hand.

The software option doesn't work for me particularly for gigging & the Axe is perfectly versatile in the studio with regards to dry and re-amping solutions. It slots into a Pro Tools session just as seamlessly as the 11R.

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z690 AERO D
CPU: Intel Alder Lake Core i9-12900K
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR5 64GB (2x 32gb 5200MHz)
Drives: 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 2TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (Record & Samples)
1 x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (OS Win 11 Pro)

GPU:Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6 PCIE 4
PSU: Corsair HX Series HX850 Platinim
CASE: Fractal Define XL R2
PT 11HD (v11.3.2) Omni s/pdif <> AxeFxIII
HD 96I/O

Last edited by zedhed; 09-09-2018 at 09:32 PM.