View Single Post
Old 08-19-2019, 04:04 PM

Default Re: NVMe upgrade for Mac Pro 4.1/5.1 Mojave

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldStudios View Post
I get those messages all the time. I have tried everything. I spent days doing a complete clean install and that might have helped but only marginally. PT crashes reliably on quit. It is probably down to some plugins that I use all the time. It is also very much down to graphics for some reason. Opening some plugins like Ozone 8 (with its busy spectrum analyzer) is triggering this as well. I get better performance, less of these errors, if I disable hyper threading on the Mac and uncheck the “use video engine” in ProTools. But just a little less errors. Long buffer settings help as well. I have to run at least 512. This on the mighty 12 core 3.33 processor.
Very interesting, I just instantiated Ozone 8 on the session that this started on. I will try your other suggestions to see if that will help.

Tack så mycket
Retro 176 (pair), Pultec EQP-1A (pair), Germanium Comps (pair), BAE 10DC (pair), Distressor (pair), Manley Vari-Mu, Sta-Level, Zener, SSL Fusion, SSL FX G384, API 2500, LA2A, 1176, Bricasti, Massive Passive, Anamod ATS-1, Eventide H3500, TC 2290, Yamaha D5000, PCM92, PCM70... Amps, Amps & More Amps.

Last edited by Ghost In The Attic; 08-19-2019 at 04:17 PM.